It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:17 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:32 am 

saw a bit of it yesterday on my 57" tv.

I dont think sharpness was a huge issue, it was reaonably sharp without much edge enhancement but there's some bizarre articating happening on straight edges during horizontal pans. I didnt really notice it on vertical pans but it happens on almost all horizontal pans, slow or quick. I'm not sure abotu the technical reasons for it but it is quite annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:37 pm 

nitin77 wrote:

I dont think sharpness was a huge issue, it was reaonably sharp without much edge enhancement but there's some bizarre articating happening on straight edges during horizontal pans. I didnt really notice it on vertical pans but it happens on almost all horizontal pans, slow or quick. I'm not sure abotu the technical reasons for it but it is quite annoying.

I found sharpness satisfactory too, but am annoyed from all latest dvds looking bluish green over hue

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:49 am 

arsh,

I think this one was deliberately going for that matrix green tint. Look at the clothes they wear, the fighting style and the opening credits :)

Post subject: don
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:00 pm 

Is the following true?
http://don-movie.com/movie/don-dvd-hits ... yesterday/
Quote:
Trust UTV to come up with something or the other innovative in launching their products. This time, the DON DVD collectors set comes with a lot of surprises! The first disc will have the feature film and the second disc with a lot of special features like deleted scenes, making of the film, bloopers, clap tracks etc.

A booklet about the film with glitzy and never seen before images also forms a part of the DVD kit. You get to see promos of excel entertainment’s forthcoming film “Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.”. Not only this, Vishal Bhardwaj’s Blue Umbrella, releasing under the UTV Classics banner and Metro, a UTV Motion Pictures production, directed by Anurag Basu, also form the line-up of promos in this DVD.

And if that was not enough, there is a 128-page DON comic book inside the DVD pack absolutely free! The entire film has been converted in to a comic book to add that extra thrill and fun. it’s going to be as adventurous as watching the film. There’s another good news for DON fans. Don-Shahrukh Khan himself has personally signed a letter for his fans. And it goes without saying that one can find this letter inside the DON DVD pack! A lucky few will receive these letters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:32 pm 

The UTV DVD is good but the thing I hate about it is the fact that if you select a scene from the chapter index it will play it and then return back to the menu instead of continuing the movie afterwards(!) :evil: If you play the movie from the beginning you are forced to watch adverts of the forthcoming movies everytime and cant skip past them :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:15 am 

Another annoying thing with the UTV Don DVD is that the default audio is 2.0 stereo, if you want DD 5.1 you have to select it each time!

Post subject: Re: don
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:02 am 

NewDeep wrote:
Is the following true?
http://don-movie.com/movie/don-dvd-hits ... yesterday/
Quote:
Trust UTV to come up with something or the other innovative in launching their products. This time, the DON DVD collectors set comes with a lot of surprises! The first disc will have the feature film and the second disc with a lot of special features like deleted scenes, making of the film, bloopers, clap tracks etc.

A booklet about the film with glitzy and never seen before images also forms a part of the DVD kit. You get to see promos of excel entertainment’s forthcoming film “Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.”. Not only this, Vishal Bhardwaj’s Blue Umbrella, releasing under the UTV Classics banner and Metro, a UTV Motion Pictures production, directed by Anurag Basu, also form the line-up of promos in this DVD.

And if that was not enough, there is a 128-page DON comic book inside the DVD pack absolutely free! The entire film has been converted in to a comic book to add that extra thrill and fun. it’s going to be as adventurous as watching the film. There’s another good news for DON fans. Don-Shahrukh Khan himself has personally signed a letter for his fans. And it goes without saying that one can find this letter inside the DON DVD pack! A lucky few will receive these letters.

Yep thats true. The only thing I didn't like was the clap track, which I found pretty much useless.

-Imran

Post subject: comic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:01 pm 

Is the 128-page comic book available separately anywhere/?

Post subject: Re: comic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:19 pm 

NewDeep wrote:

its all gimmick, dont bother with it

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:21 am 

brownboy05 wrote:
NewDeep wrote:

its all gimmick, dont bother with it
I'll keep your suggestion in mind... I kindalike these comics :D

BTW, I saw a T-Series ad which said - 2-DVD set available with comic -- so will India have 2 separate sets from T-Series -- one the steelbook 3-disc case and the other the 2-disc with comic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:39 pm 

Move on for HD DVDS guys! :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:57 pm 

NewDeep wrote:
I saw a T-Series ad which said - 2-DVD set available with comic -- so will India have 2 separate sets from T-Series -- one the steelbook 3-disc case and the other the 2-disc with comic?
That's correct - India has 2 editions... one a 2-dvd-and-comic set, the other a 3-disc-steelbook limited edition - both from T-Series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:17 pm 

i was watching the original dvd of this the other night and SPOLIER SPOLIER SPOLIER LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ......

right at the end when its shown that vijay is infact don and they have the flashback to when he swapped places with vijay im sure in the cinema version they show vijay struggling to point out that he's not don longer than whats shown on the dvd !!!!

can anyone else confirm this ??

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:02 am 

NewDeep wrote:
NewDeep wrote:
I saw a T-Series ad which said - 2-DVD set available with comic -- so will India have 2 separate sets from T-Series -- one the steelbook 3-disc case and the other the 2-disc with comic?
That's correct - India has 2 editions... one a 2-dvd-and-comic set, the other a 3-disc-steelbook limited edition - both from T-Series.

did u just reply to yourself? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:34 am 

nitin77 wrote:

I checked some minutes out today. The transfer quality is very high. The compression is quite good. Sharpness nice. One of the best Indian DVDs if there was not a really annoying issue. There is no proper 2:3 pulldown! Instead every 4th frame seems to be repeated. That creates butt ugly jerky pans and confuses the hell out of practically all deinterlacers on the market. Since it's neither interlaced video nor film based 2:3 pulldown no matter which the deinterlacer selects it can't get the motion right and lots of line twitter results. I don't know, maybe the latest Gennum chips can handle this non standard cadence, but my Faroudja certainly can not. :evil:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next