It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

There's only two audio tracks on this DVD; a DD 5.1 and DD 2.0 no 6.1 EX. Whatever app your using it’s misreporting it.

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:11 pm 

Thats what I thought .. Thx Bhai for clearing that up :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:36 pm 

Sorry yaar!! I think, I was not awake fully :lol: I thought I thaw AC3 3/2/1.1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:37 pm 

Naah, you thaw a pussy cat! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:59 am 

I skimmed through this DVD, and the video is excellent! can't wait to watch it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:12 am 

Yuvan wrote:
I skimmed through this DVD, and the video is excellent! can't wait to watch it :D

IMO the video is NOT excellent .. it is just ok .. I guess that the dis or advantage of having a 40" LCD .. you see the various faults.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:30 am 

urbanlegend wrote:
Yuvan wrote:

IMO the video is NOT excellent .. it is just ok .. I guess that the dis or advantage of having a 40" LCD .. you see the various faults.

I intend on checking it on a 92" screen ;) but yeah, it looks good on my computer monitor. better than any hindi dvd i've seen in a while. it could be your monitor, or my eyes. hehe

unfortunately, I won't be able to check the disc thoroughly till later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:20 am 

Yuvan wrote:
urbanlegend wrote:
Yuvan wrote:

I intend on checking it on a 92" screen ;) but yeah, it looks good on my computer monitor. better than any hindi dvd i've seen in a while. it could be your monitor, or my eyes. hehe

unfortunately, I won't be able to check the disc thoroughly till later.

Recent good DVDs that I have seen include Humko Deewana Kar Ge and Fanaa .. this DVD is not behind both. Those two I mentioned are much more sharper and dont display the compression artifacts as much as this DVD. I was a bit put off when watching my fav song in this flick Yeh Mere Dil. Its a good DVD but not the best so far ..

Do let me know your input after checking out on your 92" .. I dont think its my monitor though ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:28 pm 
Story is marred by Shahrukh’s annoying vaudeville acting exaggerated by pitiful apish facial expressions, repulsive lip pucker and laughing like a giddy girl.Much like a reinactment of his film Baadshah. if it weren’t for the keen acting of Boman Irani there would not be any one else worth watching. Action sequences were passable, nothing great, and techno music just apt. Kareena, who I said already I can’t stand her fat face danced terribly trying to look sexy and failing, both her and Shahrukh looked very bumbling and clumsy as a dancing pair.
Twists and a few gutsy action scenes had its momentum though Shahrukh’s performance does not elevate the story to make it worthwhile. Movie is a real dud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:24 am 

jadoo wrote:
Story is marred by Shahrukh’s annoying vaudeville acting exaggerated by pitiful apish facial expressions, repulsive lip pucker and laughing like a giddy girl.Much like a reinactment of his film Baadshah. if it weren’t for the keen acting of Boman Irani there would not be any one else worth watching. Action sequences were passable, nothing great, and techno music just apt. Kareena, who I said already I can’t stand her fat face danced terribly trying to look sexy and failing, both her and Shahrukh looked very bumbling and clumsy as a dancing pair.
Twists and a few gutsy action scenes had its momentum though Shahrukh’s performance does not elevate the story to make it worthwhile. Movie is a real dud.

Yup, sleek hit dud! but I found Dhoom 2 sleeker, more thrilling than Don!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:51 am 

arsh wrote:
..I found Dhoom 2 sleeker, more thrilling than Don!

I agree with you whole heartedly bhai jaan :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:19 am 

harry_rasul wrote:
I just saw the film on DVD, the PQ is definitely much better than most releases, but I feel still a tad dark and soft compared to the recent UTV releases, I think Jaaneman PQ is much better....also Lakshya DVD is much better than this DON Dvd.

I doubt that. The HD is much better for DON than for Lakshya. I have seen parts of the uncompressed 2K master from hard disk digitally projected at 1080p and it looked GREAT. The DVD is made from the HD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:52 pm 

I finally caught this film on DVD last night. UL, I still have to maintain my stand in terms of DVD quality. I haven't seen the other (UTV)titles you mentioned, but historically speaking in terms of hindi DVDs, this by far surpasses most hindi DVDs. The video is somewhat inconsistent, but overall really good. even the ads/trailers were pretty decent :D The last good Hindi dvd I saw is Bluffmaster and Blackmail (DEI-Old)

as for the movie itself, it's not great, but certainly entertaining and def worth watching for SRK alone, if for nothing else.

LOL, but SRK ISthe don!
jadoo wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:11 am 

Yuvan wrote:
I finally caught this film on DVD last night. UL, I still have to maintain my stand in terms of DVD quality. I haven't seen the other (UTV)titles you mentioned, but historically speaking in terms of hindi DVDs, this by far surpasses most hindi DVDs. The video is somewhat inconsistent, but overall really good. even the ads/trailers were pretty decent :D The last good Hindi dvd I saw is Bluffmaster and Blackmail (DEI-Old)

The DVD is good .. I am not saying it was bad .. but as you mentioned it was inconsistent. My TV, I sit approx 10ft away and it looks fine but when you go a little close you can really see how what the compression is like.

Oh well .. I guess I might be critising a little too much .. best to wait for and HD Player for myself .. and some good HD Movies ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:39 pm 

SRK really sucked as Don. Vijay role was his usual schitck. Technically excellent. Good camera work, DI etc. They shouldn't have used those old tunes. They were already remixed to death by DJs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next