It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:49 pm 

Re Naam! I think, DML/pei/asian had it too.. :baaa: ???

Edited By arsh on 1057265385

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:08 pm 

Quote:
'cos, the recent dvds like Khatta Meeta, stopped working, skipping on my DVD player..

Happened to me also I was afraid to mention it less I get called a liar and a fool :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:23 pm 

I second MEDIA DOWNGRADE from BEI, from KHATTA METTHA..downwards..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:10 am 

From outward appearances BEI is going the direction of all crappy dvd authors. What's the point in excelling in authoring techniques if you are hell bent on using cheap media? Chandna Ji I rather spend that extra dollar for gold media! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:11 am 

JESUS CHRIST. BEI/DEI actually got their act together and have released PARVARISH.....I'm going to get it, to heck with the screen shots, if they don't have it right, then there is no hope for this movie.....its been released by Bombino, and Shemaroo....thank god Eros and VS didn't get their hands on it. Now I wonder if they will continue pleasing the DVD buyers by releasing Mahaan and any other Bachchan starrer they can get their hands on. I'll buy them ALL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:35 pm 

sknath wrote:
Chandna ji.. you havent told us yet,... Are these BEI dvds replicated on GOLD or SILVER media ! The reason I ask you this is 'cos, the recent dvds like Khatta Meeta, stopped working, skipping on my DVD player... I too will wait on this dvd, before buying it eventually...
Arsh Miyan... jaldi se screenshots lagwao !

I dont look after replication. I just buy the rights and provide prints from Negatives and artwork. Audio etc. So I cant say about the replication part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:41 pm 

JamesBond007 wrote:
From outward appearances BEI is going the direction of all crappy dvd authors. What's the point in excelling in authoring techniques if you are hell bent on using cheap media? Chandna Ji I rather spend that extra dollar for gold media! :D

Hi, I am sorry to see lots of complain regarding Khatta Meetha. I dont know the reason as i dont look after replication part. May be Counterfeiting or may be some other reason. I assure everyone that BEI will definately look into this matter soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:47 pm 

khaira wrote:
JESUS CHRIST. BEI/DEI actually got their act together and have released PARVARISH.....I'm going to get it, to heck with the screen shots, if they don't have it right, then there is no hope for this movie.....its been released by Bombino, and Shemaroo....thank god Eros and VS didn't get their hands on it. Now I wonder if they will continue pleasing the DVD buyers by releasing Mahaan and any other Bachchan starrer they can get their hands on. I'll buy them ALL.

Most of the titles released by Shemaroo are not for sale outside India bcose they dont have rights for Overseas Market. But there is lot of difference in words and deed.They always claim that they are against the piracy and infringment of others copyrights but greed always take over and they allow their products to enter other peopl's territories.BEI never sells even a single DVD in India.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 7:49 pm 

Thnx chandna ji!1 Ur presence here is AN ASSET indeed!1

I second that, Khatta Meetha/disco dancer, both BAD DVD MEDIA was used by BEI to cut the cost, SWAYMVAR/Yateem were on GOLD MEDIA..indeed..

We accepted, for QUALITY SAKE, even ABSENCE of CHAPTER INSERTS, but now this MEDIA ISSUE, INTERLACE TRANSFER of DISCO DANCER..

I dont know where r BEI going here!!

I REALLY DO CARE!

NOW it SEEMS like BEI ko PROOVE KARNE KA SARA BOJH MERE NAZAUK KANDHON PAR HAI!!? :baaa:

I HOPE PARVARISH., does NOT DISAPPOINT US!!

Many thnx for looking into these matters..

How about ur NEXT SADMA, is it DIRECT TELECINE TRANSFER? Widescreen/anamorphic? as Sadma was SHOT ORIG in WIDESCREEN!

ANY WRONG DOING BY BEI with THIS TITLE, will be CRIMINAL ASSAULT ON WELL WISHER's SENSES..So Pls..Do LOOK into this at ur earliest convenience..

many thnx in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 9:36 pm 

What a sweet breathe of relief!. Chandna Ji have finally decided to address our issues directly. You got to understand Chandna Ji when you are the best people expect only the best from you. I am estatic that you have decided to look in to the replication part, in my opinion this is crucial in determining the extent of commitment to consumer's satisfaction. If you are consistent in using, let say gold media for example, something which pirates hesitates to use, then perhaps you can readily tell if it's a replicated dsic. And then of course there are the other issues mentioned by arsh! For the moment I will take you at face value. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:05 pm 

Chandna.... fair enough.... You have answered my question... appreciate that. It would be worthwhile to ponder (rather do a quick comparison)... on the following :-

1.) Previous DEI releases used to come with an inlay card, which sometimes had chapter marks or which sometimes had some forthcoming films as Ads. These days such ads have stopped completely ! Any clue why that may be the case ?

2.) As far as the media is concerned.... Pick up any old DEI authored DVD... (lets go with the best amongst them all.. Kaho Na Pyar Hai...).. I still have the original replicated DVD , the one which had a centre tab for inserting the dvd and not the top side tabs as is there in present BEI dvds. The KNPH dvd still works... but I am pretty sure the present day replicated KNPH dvds will fail due to thebad media being used.... I wouldnt mind paying 3-4 $ extra provided I am being served with a better quality product... I wonder if you have any idea as to how this Downgrading process happened @ DEI ? I ask you this, as its nearly 18 months since I last had any contact with Sandish ( before they filed for bankruptcy.

3.) You always state that Shemaroo DVDs are not licensed for North America... Well not to sound corny but your Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam & Fiza DVDs are also not licensed for sale in North America, but ppl still buy them (or should I say INSIST for them) ... thats cos they are BETTER /SUPERIOR than the present products that are available here...
Similarly Shemaroo DVDs started appearing in North America primarily because the YRF versions of RK Films were really bad and ppl wanted something better.
I can state with confidence that if there is a toss up between Shemaroo and BEI authored films, the latter will win, provided
a.) The film has been encoded progressively
b.) The media used for replication is Gold Media and not a cheap media !

I would humbly suggest that if you have any correspondance with Sandish , please bring these facts in front of him !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:28 am 

Thanks Chandna for your input. DEI/BEI DVDs are probably the only ones I look forward to anymore. I hope your quality will remain like your DEI days.

-Bh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:27 am 

Yes Chandna.... I care a damn for the other companies... May their products be pirated ad-nauseam ! (Ayngaran / EVP excluded) ... They dont deserve any good treatment anyways.... I wouldnt have even bothered had it not been for BEI !... and can only hope BEI quality stays the way it was previously and these recent dvds..are mere aberrations !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:25 am 

Quote:
I care a damn for the other companies... May their products be pirated ad-nauseam !

HUH? I'm confused :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:27 am 

Nothing to be confused JB... just rent a dvd and make a backup of it in ur home... aka PIRACY.... why pay PIRATES for doing that job for you ?.. (even though it may be a few cents).... Wont recommend that for BEI dvds though.... as they are a notch above the rest

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next