It is currently Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:41 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:55 pm 

anyone seen any of the following movie?? and how they are:
any comments appreciated!

Image Image Image Image Image Image

and wise-ones, is any of them coming out by BEi anytime soon. :O

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:17 pm 

Some nice covers above! Shuman, how do u get hold of Shemaroo's dvds, are you in India? They seem rare in UK and IW only have a few titles...

As for the films, being a fan of Zeenat Aman, I can only comment on Manoranjan (1974)...

Manoranjan is comedy directed by Shammi Kapoor. It is a landmark film for Zeenat Aman, in which she plays a bold and beautiful call girl, in love with her profession. Until... until, of course, Sanjeev Kumar enters her life and teaches her what a reputable indian girl should be like! Goyake Chunanche was one of the more popular song in the film.

Edited By armaan on 1064267124

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:43 pm 

is zenat amans satyam shivram sundarum missing stuff (yrf version)
and how about taj mahal (vs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 11:15 pm 

Quote:
is zenat amans satyam shivram sundarum missing stuff

Zeenat Aman is showing all her ' stuff ' quite clearly in Satyam Shivam Sundaram (1978)... Nothing seems to missing, and that's why both Kapoor and Aman took so much flack when the film was released...!
:D

What about Taj Mahal (1963)? Videosound's webcam-quality print seems like punishment, and its just as well our agony is not extended!

Mohammed Rafi sang some of his best songs for Shammi Kapoor. Who can forget Badan Pe Sitare Lapate Huye from Prince (1969), Aye Gulbadan Phoolon Ki Mahek Kaanton Ki Chuban from Professor (1962) and the title song from Dil Deke Dekho (1959).

Edited By armaan on 1064319259

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:15 am 

armaan, i am here in canada. i just got a very good friend to send me the shemaroo dvds to me. click here to see couple of shemaroo dvd covers.

the pictures you see aren't the dvd covers. i just post pics available at the shemaroo website. i just dont want to buy something that will be released shortly by BEi. i will get manoranjan per your recommendation. thanks.

price, professor surely has some finest songs by rafi, but i believe they were once in the list for DEi. dont know about now.

as for satyam shivam sundaram, the running time on the dvds shows 160 mins (yashrajfilms) and 169 mins (shemaroo). izzy, looks like you can get 9 minutes more of zeenat on shemaroo ;)

Edited By shuman on 1064552827

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:13 am 

shuman wrote:
the pictures you see aren't the dvd covers. i just post pics available at the shemaroo website.

Hamare Tumhare and Dil Deke Dekho is showing dvd covers, the others are probably VCD covers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:02 pm 

armaan wrote:
Manoranjan is comedy directed by Shammi Kapoor. It is a landmark film for Zeenat Aman, in which she plays a bold and beautiful call girl, in love with her profession. Until... until, of course, Sanjeev Kumar enters her life and teaches her what a reputable indian girl should be like! Goyake Chunanche was one of the more popular song in the film.

To add to the above.....Manoranjan was based on the comedy by Billy Wilder, "Irma, La Douce" (Irma, The Pretty).....it was far ahead of its times....it used to be a campus favourite in urban Indian colleges in the eighties.....the music by RD Burman is catchy to say the least...check out 'Chori Chori Sola, singaar karoongi'.....the dialogue by Vishwamitter Adil(a trifle unsure with this credit now) naughty and appropriate, in keeping with the spirit of the movie.....Shammi Kapoor debuted as a director, and it is sad he did not make more movies (he did direct the flop BUNDELBAAZ with Rajesh Khanna)....Shammi Kapoor as the Urdu spouting bar tender is a wonderful caricature........

Edited By Aarkayne on 1064426635

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:37 pm 

My fav song in MANORANJAN is:

AAee AAee AAee AAee
Aaya Hoon Main Tujh Ko Le Jaaoonga
Apne Saath Tera Haath Thaam Ke.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:50 pm 

I guess the only song that remains unmentioned in this thread from Manoranjan is Dulhan Maike Chali, Gori Ki Doli Saji Hai sang by the Mangeshkar Sisters - all three of them - Lata, Asha and Usha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:42 pm 

Looks like, gotta get Manoranjan! thanks for all of your input.

Anyone seen Santosh, Aas Ka Panchii (Rajendra kumar)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:50 pm 

shuman wrote:
Looks like, gotta get Manoranjan! thanks for all of your input.

Anyone seen Aas Ka Panchii (Rajendra kumar)?

Aas Ka Panchhi: Great Songs.
Rajinder Kumar, Asha Parikh.
Sure it was a Silver Jubilee Film. All Rajender Kumar Films were, untill his films started flopping at the end of his career many yrs later.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1065037267

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:31 pm 

I would be reluctant to recommend Santosh despite the fact it stars my favourite Hema Malini. The film was shelved in the early 1980s and eventually released in 1989, when it appeared very outdated. Yun Lagne Lagi Aaj Kal Zindagani by Lata and Nitin Mukesh is probably the best part of it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:31 pm 

monizam, i guess you are reffering to the samrat release.

i will trying to get the shemaroo release.

and rana, i didn't think Santosh is directed by Manoj, so i thought this may not be a flop. o well. this goes to the avoid list.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:33 pm 

Rajput was another my favourite film, starring, khanna/hema..any decent dvd?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:37 pm 

'Mere Sang Sang Aaya Teri Yaadon Ka Mela'

I have the WEG version of Rajput, excellent print in my opinion - even if BEI releases it, I would stick with one I have, but I'm no technical expert!

Edited By armaan on 1065040655

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next