It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 4:45 am 

If it's still not clear, I'm not calling Saathiya a satisfactory DVD by any means, it's far from it. I just don't understand this notion that just because Mohabbatein is progressive, it's a decent DVD. The detail and sharpness are so lacking on that DVD that I get an eyestrain just watching it.

IMO the only acceptable DVD that YRF have released has been K3G; hopefully we can all agree on that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:43 am 

out of the dvds mentioned ..mujhse dosti karoge would have to be the worst...followed by saathiya...and then mohabbatein and then k3g...
mohabbatein was such a better dvd than saathiya...and not jut because it was progressively encoded...but because the detail and colours were very vibrant....and the sound had pretty good ambience...especially in Amitabhs intro....

i think u guys are forgetting...Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi was also made by yashraj...and id have to say that..that is the worst dvd of the lot..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 5:43 pm 

I'll Go with VJMAGIC rating:

K3g( minus, done twice)

Mohabtaen(done once)

Saathiya

MDK

MYKSH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:10 pm 

SHinny, Jadu, Nice and Clean rules on BIG 5 DVD very soon, just for izzy!! along with a JADU doll free, promotion..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:44 pm 

MalFUnXiON wrote:
If it's still not clear, I'm not calling Saathiya a satisfactory DVD by any means, it's far from it. I just don't understand this notion that just because Mohabbatein is progressive, it's a decent DVD. The detail and sharpness are so lacking on that DVD that I get an eyestrain just watching it.

IMO the only acceptable DVD that YRF have released has been K3G; hopefully we can all agree on that.

MFunxion
You can increase the sharpness / contrast of any picture manually by changing ur picture settings (just simple image processing algorithms need to be present in ur TV set / software).
Try doing that with Interlaced pictures.. you will see your glorious combing artifacts.... or as Has been shown with Hollywood dvd's you will see Blurring when there is motion and presence of double images.. which gives rise to the flickering effects.
I can give you reasons, stemming from image processing fundamentals, why this is possible or why this occurs
Cheerz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:32 pm 

sknath wrote:
You can increase the sharpness / contrast of any picture manually by changing ur picture settings (just simple image processing algorithms need to be present in ur TV set / software).

But ideally, shouldn't any sharpness settings on the TV be at 0? This way the image isn't artificially sharpened by the TV, and any edge enhancement or other sharpening inherent in the video isn't exacerbated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:09 pm 

I agree with dragun, all sharpness should be turned down, all the way, before u calibrate ur dvd player/tv with video essential or avia audio/video set up discs, to get the best possible picture..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:16 pm 

Yes it should be set at "factory default settings". But you can, theoretically change them.. If someone feels that a picture is soft she/he can make it more sharp.. (thats just like increasing the high-frequencies of the image)..
Try doing that with interlaced pictures... The boundaries of the interlaved lines..will also be enhanced (unless you have something very sophisticated ) and that will give you severe distractions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 10:33 pm 

out at iw but it dose not show the cover.
looks like there will be a 2 disk dvd out after a year or so since it dosent mention any special features

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:03 pm 

u r right bachoo:

Title Koi Mil Gaya
Description Hrithik Roshan, Preity Zinta, Rekha
Director Rakesh Roshan
Brand/Distributor Yashraj
Genre Film, Drama
Subtitles English
Category DVD
Features
Year 2003

Price $18.99

http://216.122.236.174/datacar....Id=5373

Edited By arsh on 1063321534

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:50 pm 

DONT FORGET to PICK UP ur FREE DVD..LOL..may be it is FARAAR?

Title Koi Mil Gaya (with a FREE DVD)
Description Hrithik Roshan, Preity Zinta, Rekha
Director Rakesh Roshan
Brand/Distributor Yashraj
Genre Film, Drama
Subtitles English
Category DVD
Features
Year 2003

Price $18.99

With a FREE SURPRISE DVD

Film Kraft studios is taking that step even further in its gargantuan home production Koi Mil Gaya, a filmed aimed at all audiences mounted on an utmost expensive budget.
Director Rakesh Roshan has answered that call with what is in reality the biggest science fiction film released in India, and whom better to star in it than thee who is probably one of the biggest successes in terms of star children, Hrithik Roshan. Even from a star who has been put down in recent times for choosing films with at times indistinguishable scripts, Koi Mil Gaya is certainly going to be the milestone "different" film of his career.
Koi Mil Gaya features Rekha playing Hrithik´s mother, Preity Zinta as his one female aficionado, and the most talked about, six children who are Hrithik Roshan´s true supporters. But what this film has that no other even came close to is an alien. Bimmini FX of Australia in coordination with several other foreign special effects studios, have created the human like alien creatures of the film and other extra terrestrial objects to go with it, James Colmer, of the studio, is known for his work in many Hollywood films like Independence Day. Producer/Director Rakesh Roshan also features in the film briefly as Hrithik Roshan´s father.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:07 am 

..continuing from above...
To be presented in glorious shit quality... combing artifacts..soft video and what not !....(do i see the N-in-1 pirates nearby :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 5:43 am 

well im sure it wont be as bad as some of the recent ones..sknath..why dont you just buy a non-progressive dvd player?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

Cover;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 3:30 pm 

Thnx ali, I am glad they took JADOO ki AANKHEN, not JADOO ka JOHNY LEVER/FISH combo, MOUTH:

:baaa: :hmm:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next