It is currently Mon Jul 08, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:32 pm 

Ok I broke down and ordered one copy of it ( sorry DU - I did not want to take a risk because some sites described it as dubbed !) . Its Anamorphic and i am not 100 % sure if its progressive or not but from what i saw - it has very little or no combing effects . It better than your pyramid DVD but not great – colors look dull sometimes. The unfortunate “thing” about the DVD is the 2.0 sound setup - a real bummer I think :( . That said there is an excellent 18 min documentary going over the success of Muthu a.k.a Dancing Maharaja in Japan - its in Japanese with Korean subtitles. It so happens that one of my friend is a Japanese guy and I made him translate it for me and boy was I impressed - PEOPLE really LIKED this MOVIE !!!!!! , Move over everyone else - RAJINIKANT roars and rules.

I say for 5 $ + change get it - at least you can show it off to your friends/family :)

Here are some screenshots

Yajaman Trailor - A.k.a Dancing Maharaja II ( i guess this bombed !)

I got it from DVDHeaven

http://www.dvdheaven.com/dvd/dvd_detail.php?idx=8020

A very reputable site - ships directly from Korea , i suggest if you are planning on getting this one order some more korean movies - it makes the shipping worth it

Here are my recommendations

- Save the Green Planet
- Memories of Murder
- UnCut malena
- Il Mare
- My Sassy Girl
- JSA
- Sympathy for Mr. Vengenance
etc etc.

http://www.dvdheaven.com/dvd/dvd_list.php?event=162
http://www.dvdheaven.com/dvd/dvd_list.php?event=174

Enjoy

Sorry guys/mods i went a little overboard with the # of pics but could not resist :mrgreen: :baaa: :bash:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:37 pm 

I thought Eros dvd looked better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:56 pm 

One of my favorite Rajni movie, = Ejamaan !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:08 pm 

arsh wrote:

Prob it does - but the DVD quality is less of a concern here, the mere fact that 'Rajinikant movies' sells in korea/japan and folks liked it enough to market it is what makes it interesting I think. My Japanese friend was jumping with joy when he saw this flick ! - his logic was that this movie was so different from other movies he/other Japanese have seen that they fell in love with it. In fact it was more chance than anything else, the guy (who promoted the movie) was visiting Chennai and saw it by "chance" and loved it, had he seen another film I am sure that would have been a hit too. They also seem to love the musical numbers and Rehman in his interview was not completely sure what the "excitement" was all about ! , it was also funny to see Meena trying to explain Bharathanatyam , K.S Ravi kumar explaing how "good" a commerical director he is - hilarious ! - I just wish they could have got an interview with Rajinikanth also !

I cared less for the movie ( in fact I don’t like it at all) - but the documentary imo was well worth the price i paid ( 5$) .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:14 pm 

dvdisoil wrote:
arsh wrote:

Prob it does - but the DVD quality is less of a concern here, the mere fact that 'Rajinikant movies' sells in korea/japan and folks liked it enough to market it is what makes it interesting I think. My Japanese friend was jumping with joy when he saw this flick ! - his logic was that this movie was so different from other movies he/other Japanese have seen that they fell in love with it. In fact it was more chance than anything else, the guy (who promoted the movie) was visiting Chennai and saw it by "chance" and loved it, had he seen another film I am sure that would have been a hit too. They also seem to love the musical numbers and Rehman in his interview was not completely sure what the "excitement" was all about ! , it was also funny to see Meena trying to explain Bharathanatyam , K.S Ravi kumar explaing how "good" a commerical director he is - hilarious ! - I just wish they could have got an interview with Rajinikanth also !

I cared less for the movie ( in fact I don’t like it at all) - but the documentary imo was well worth the price i paid ( 5$) .

I agree with your perspective! I saw this film on eros dubbed dvd and enjoyed it including Rehman's music!
I think whatever the age, Rajni is one of the actor who has great screen presence and he steals the screen from others right under their nose! I am refering to Bulandi, where he had a very small part but he out stood! :P

Last edited by Zoran009 on Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:22 pm 

So anyone can provide the screenshots for Ayngaran Muthu DVD ?? , just curious .

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:40 pm 

Well, if they're giving a 77% discount, it must not be selling too well :)

Quality doesn't look that good. About Ayngaran standard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:46 pm 

Darn!! I saw AYNAGRAN version, has superb 5.1 sound and PQ is way better than this Japanese version!!

I do not have hindi dubbed version now, but I thought I posted SS from it previously!!?? :idea: :roll:

Sunnyaudit has it though, may be he can comment :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:33 pm 

is R3 or Ayngaran progressive? and does the R3 have english subtitles?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Aynagran DVD shots thanks to Arsh bhai;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:39 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:44 pm 

Despite its flaws, I have always enjoyed this film. I think it is much more entertaining then the polished Malayalam version Thenmaavin Kombathu by Priyadarshan, which he remade into a weaker Hindi version Saat Rang ke Sapne.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:06 pm 

Hmm, I've never listened to honey before. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:05 pm 

Shahran Sunny Audit wrote:
Despite its flaws, I have always enjoyed this film. I think it is much more entertaining then the polished Malayalam version Thenmaavin Kombathu by Priyadarshan, which he remade into a weaker Hindi version Saat Rang ke Sapne.

Sunny !! Can you post a couple SS from Hindi dubbed Eros version possibly? that you have :idea: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:57 am 

Stephen wrote:
Hmm, I've never listened to honey before. :wink:

You cant listen, you can eat!