It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:28 pm 

sknath wrote:
Hey ali2003, as it will be a Yashraj DVD (tele-cined and authored in India), it is destined to be shit quality.

Was that the same way that they made the Saathiya, K3G and Mohabbatein DVDs? IMO they weren't too bad in terms of quality.

I might just do that, or I might just wait till the DVD itself comes out, rent it and see for myself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:55 pm 

K3G was done by Super Digital in the US. I think Mohabbatein was too, but I'm not sure. Saathiya was done in India.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:04 pm 

Saathiya was VERY WELL done in INDIA, along with all CINABELLA stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:45 pm 

GET IT RIGHT..........K3G and Satthiya were very good MOhabbatein quality was really poor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:52 pm 

I dont think, u got it, anwar bhaii? :baaa: ??? :hmm:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:47 pm 

K3G and Mohabbatein were very good PROGRESSIVELY authored dvds... Saathiya, due to a faulty tele-cine process done in India, was ruined..and hence a 2-in-1 was all that it deserved !
From prior's I think Koi Mil Gaya also will be along the same lines !. So get ready to hound Paan-O-Rama (Oh u Toronto ke naagrik :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:37 am 

saathiya was NOT a good dvd. i'm not sure about mohabbatein, but K3G is miles ahead of saathiya in terms of picture quality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:49 pm 

K3G is definitely the best DVD from YRF. But I have to agree that I prefer Saathiya over Mohabbatein; yes Mohabbatein is progressive but the picture is so soft and at times blurry too. The colors aren't very vivid and even the sound is just ok. It did have good extras though, but still I prefer the Saathiya DVD overall to Mohabbatein. Of course K3G is no comparison to either of these releases.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:08 pm 

MalFUnXiON wrote:
prefer Saathiya over Mohabbatein

Until your eyes start noticing interlacing flicker.

(It (Mohabbatein) did have good extras though,)
May be this is the reason for defficiencies in Mohabbatein PQ. Bit rate in Mohabbatein was too low.
BTW, what's the total run time, including extras, of Mohabbatein DVD (I think it was single disc)??

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:23 pm 

2 disc set..movie on one disc..(with irritating encoding faults/glitches) and extras on second disc..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 6:52 pm 

As vjmajic mentioned the extras are on the second disk except one bonus song around 3 mins long, so that shouldn't be a problem. In fact Saathiya had more material on one disc because it had the promos, trailer, and a bonus song all in one. So that should be no excuse for the Mohabbatein DVD.

As for noticing the flicker, well right now on my SDTV I don't notice it. Maybe I will once I get my HDTV very soon, but until then I prefer the sharp and vivid colors of Saathiya to the soft, and out of focus looking Mohabbatein. And I have no desire to watch movies in Force-Weave mode on my computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:02 pm 

U got it!!

[As for noticing the flicker, well right now on my SDTV I don't notice it. Maybe I will once I get my HDTV very soon, but until then I prefer the sharp and vivid colors of Saathiya to the soft, and out of focus looking Mohabbatein. And I have no desire to watch movies in Force-Weave mode on my computer. ]

Malfunxion, will show up on HDTV!!

One thing, I think, MOHABTAEN's Sound was very good!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 7:54 pm 

MalFUnXiON wrote:
Maybe I will once I get my HDTV very soon, but until then I prefer the sharp and vivid colors of Saathiya to the soft, and out of focus looking Mohabbatein.

IMO the colours are oversaturated. if i remember correctly, look at rani's dress colour in the "chalka re" song and compare it with the trailor and you'll see what i mean. they got the trailor right and the feature wrong. also, vivek's red shirt glows (just before the title song).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:38 pm 

yaar! theon, yahi tou hum bhi samjhane ki koshish kar rahe haen..saathiya, by any stds, was not even a satisfactory dvd, imho..MDK was even worse!

It all depends, how u watch ur dvds? :baaa: :sus:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:14 am 

As for noticing the flicker, well right now on my SDTV I don't notice it. Maybe I will once I get my HDTV very soon, but until then I prefer the sharp and vivid colors of Saathiya to the soft, and out of focus looking Mohabbatein. And I have no desire to watch movies in Force-Weave mode on my computer. ]

maxfusion i couldnt agree more

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next