Site Admin

Thanks to Arsh here are shots from the Eros/DEI DVD of Sapoot;

Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 10:41 pm 

is this movie any good i have the dvd for it 4 a while now but didnt watch it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2003 11:52 pm 

IZZY, DEAR WATCHED IT LONG TIME AGO! PROB, DID NOT LIKE MUCH, but Akshay fans, would be pleased!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 4:54 am 

You ruined the ending

;)

-Bh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:40 pm 

arsh wrote:
IZZY, DEAR WATCHED IT LONG TIME AGO! PROB, DID NOT LIKE MUCH, but Akshay fans, would be pleased!

It also has Sunil Shetty. Sunil Shetty has a fan following too.

A movie may be fast paced or slow, it may be exciting or boring, it may be a hit or a flop but watching a DVD with good PQ and audio is always as much entertaining as you want it to be. Watch what you like and search scan the rest. As long as the PQ is good. And this DEI-EROS disc has an eye candy pic.

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 2:09 pm 

I miss DEi. Sapoot is a good example of how professional DEi was. DEi has made a bad movie like Sapoot the best it can get...while Eros, Video sound and Super Digital have made a mess of every movie they touched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 3:43 pm 

[ Eros, Video sound and Super Digital have made a mess of every movie they touched. ]

In practicality, Generally, I agree,

EROS, really made MESS of ALL DEI/EROS titles(CRIME), not even, ALL OF THEIR OWN TITLES< even If by Chance They Were Done RIGHT!!
EROS, Prog list, include, TAAL, HDJPK, JOSH, DHADKAN, BAADSHAH, MANN, HDAPH...but even PROG, their ENCODING is MUCH INFERIOR than COMPETETORS!!

VS....they TOOK OVER SD, Prog titles and with help of MEDIA DIMENSION< unki AISI TESI KARDI, on TOP OF THAT, INFERIOR, SELF DESTRUCTING MEDIA..TERRIBLE..they had GOOD FILMS, like HDDCS, GADAR, FIZA..that they RUINED to the T...Their GOOD WORK, still, are SD authored TItles, like TJCG, JKG, ZAKHm, YES BOSS, APHG,Aaghaz etc, all TITLES AUTHORED by SD for them, that were later RUINED...
SD orig did, HDDCS DVD for them, too, that was RUINED by MD, till LUCKILY DEI picked it UP!!

SD...Now, These GUYS, had been UNDERDOGS, over SHADOWED by Other companies, and MOSTLY DID SOURCE BASED WORK, e.g for VS, SOVEN, Media Digital, Asian, Apollo...and YRF!!and OCCASIONALLY for THEMSELVES!!

THEY DID, all ORIG VS, MD, Some of SOVEN titles..Prog with GOOD PQ!! They did FIRST 5.1 DVD KOYLA, that is one of the BEST SOUNDING DVD TO DATE!! KOHRAAM, GHAAT, ZAKHM, TJCG, TAKSHAK, AAGHAZ, SOORYAVANSHAM, HERA PHERI, BICHOO are their TRUE DD 5.1 titles...

For OTHER THAN ORIG 5.1, they had been CULPRIT doing PSEUDO 5.1 consistently..

FOR ..YRF, their GOOD WORK, stands tO-DATE for K3G,( all round,) MOHABTAEN, REFUGEE, ZUBAIDA..were all, pROG, AUDIO vere VERY GOOD, TRUE 5.1..ALL DONE BY SD!!
THEIR ANAMORPHIC ENHANCED VERSIONS of KKHH and DTPH are Also VERY EYE AND EAR PLEASING, IMHO..

for DDLJ, as far as the time frame is concerned, SIX YEARS was the LONGEST time to CHURN a DVD and EXPECTATIONS WERE SKY HIGH, and Productm, was JUST OKish, DID NOT MEET, most ENTHUSIAST's expectayions..

Their LATEST work, in form of ABHINETRI was an EXCELLENT transfer, short of PSEUDO 5.1, and DID NOT GET DUE APPRECIATION by the VIEWERS!!kinda SET BACK for thenm, to STAY AWAY FROM GOOD BUISNESS!!

NOW, THE DEMONS, MEDIA DIMENSIONS, who had been BEHIND all this INDUSTRIAL SHIT, for EROS, VS etc...who, literally, RUINED EVERY THING, DOWN TO THE DISC it self on their part!!

BUT, I saw recently TWO, PROG, GOOD TRANSFERS, but NONE OTHER THEN MEDIA DIMENSIONS, MANN(non anamorphic for EROS) and TAKSHAK for VS!

So, BOTTOM LINE is all these AUTHORING COMPANIES ARE CAPABLE OF CHURNING GOOD WORK, to some EXTENT, But, FINAL PRODUCT depends upon, the RIGHT HOLDERS, APOLLO, SOVEN, EROS, VS, What they provide them as a SOURCE, how much they pay them, by CUTTING COSTS..Easy come, HASTY JOB!

If I missed any thing, any point, Pls feel free to CORRECT me!!

I have TRIED to be as OBJECTIVE , as FAIR, I could... :baaa:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:32 pm 

arsh wrote:
So, BOTTOM LINE is all these AUTHORING COMPANIES ARE CAPABLE OF CHURNING GOOD WORK, to some EXTENT, But, FINAL PRODUCT depends upon, the RIGHT HOLDERS, APOLLO, SOVEN, EROS, VS, What they provide them as a SOURCE, how much they pay them, by CUTTING COSTS..Easy come, HASTY JOB!

If I missed any thing, any point, Pls feel free to CORRECT me!!

I have TRIED to be as OBJECTIVE , as FAIR, I could... :baaa:

Arsh, you put in lots of effort in your post.

It's a reference post. Deserves to be a separate sticky thread.

Arsh you named lots of un-expected DVDs in here. We all know of high standard of DVDs from DEI, Columbia Tristar etc, but lots of hidden gems from other companies are un-noticed because of abundance of bad discs from those companies.

In another thread, we compiled a list of progressive DVDs from DEI, they were around 220 which included DEI-EROS and song DVDs. There are another 5 – 6 DVDs that are well known (like MK, ASOKA, ABHINETRI, ---) These are the expected ones.
http://www.zulm.net/cgi-bin....1;st=40

Un-expected progressive DVDs also show up from other brands.
You named quite a few and there are lots more (but, the versions in circulation now may not be the same). Some detected, some un-detected as yet. In the past few months I have collected quite a few of these. Most of these are Super Digital discs for Video Sound and these versions are not easily available any more. Some of these you included in your post, some others that I have and some I’m still hunting for.

I expect a total of about 80 or so such un-expected progressive DVDs. Not an insignificant number in comparison to 225 expected & known before.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1049996012

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2003 5:47 pm 

THNX rana!! I think, it may be time to REVISE, PROG DVD listing!! UNDER Company, Authoring SUBGROUPING...

My SALUTES to DEI/BEI, who have CONSISTENTLY, KEPT their STANDARDS, SUN SHINE or RAIN..

Their are OTHERs, like SD, who TRIED!! to do GOOD WORK too, BUT not that consistently...I think, there ONGOING presence on DVD FRONT is vERY IMPORTATNT, with 1-2 GOOD TITLES, with PROG, PRISTINE TRANSFER and PROPER SOUND, may be/3 months or so...

But, it is IMPT, EVERY ONE should be CREDITED APPROPRIATELY...

BTW!! did u SEE CT releasing JAN in INDIA? Will they do another DVD???? might be not???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 1:59 pm 

Which company did HARI BHARI. I think it was Super Digital and it was Progressive.

Love Liye Kuchh Bhi Karega is Progressive too.

How do these DVDs compare with ABHINETRI??

Rana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:16 pm 

ABHINETRI was lot BETTER, PQ wise in OAR. ANAMORPHIC from both of those films( sound was a set back),

HARI BHARI was SD, REASONABLY GOOD transfer and Sound for that KINDA FILM, CLEAN, Clear!!Blemish free!! with 5.1 sound;

BTW, ali, listed authoring, media dimension, while, my copy was for sure SD:

Ali's review:
Staring: Shabana Azmi, Nandita Das, Rajeshwari, Surekha, Alka Trivedi, Rajit Kapur, Lalit Tiwari and Srivallabh Vyas
Director: Shyam Benegal
Producer: Raj Pius
Music: Najraj Bhatia
Running time: 134 minutes
Format: NTSC
Video: 2.40:1 anamorphic widescreen
Sound: Hindi Dolby Digital 5.1
Subtitles: English (including songs)
Year: 2000 (cinema), 2001 (DVD)
DVD: Single sided dual layered
DVD Author: Media Dimensions
DVD Release by: Video Sound

LKLKBK, IMHO, sound was BETTER than PQ, that was OK, GOOD! CROPPED, non anamorphic, on that, and I think, SD did not do that? possibly????

Edited By arsh on 1050074659

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:31 pm 

LKLKBK was Video sound on crappy media. Was not done by SD. Not excellent Progressive, but Progressive none the less. It's a limited view/ limited time playable DVD. Best is to download it on PC. Is it fair use copying or piracy??

Hari Bhari was done by SD. Any confirmation if Hari Bhari was progressive??

Abhinetri had very good PQ. I'm using one of its screen caps for DVD default screen. Does turn heads around. Good material for boasting or making others jealous. It also tells those who don't care much about quality, what DVD format is capable of and what they are missing.

Rana

Edited By rana on 1050075134

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 3:34 pm 

I dont have HARI BHARI in my posession, so I cant Confirm!!, at this time, ali, might like to comment? If he still have it? :baaa: ??? BUT FOR SURE, copy I saw was AUTHORED BY SD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:34 am 

BTW, is Rajeswari in Hari Bhari and Rageshwari two different actresses??

Was it Rageshwari in Aankhein??

Rana

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:50 am 

Sunil Shetty Rocked in this movie